My friend, Desiree, had this posted on her blog and I thought it was too funny not to pass on. I've been reading a book called "Complications" that was written by an eighth year surgical resident. It discusses the fallibilty of Doctors, the guesswork of medicine, and the neverending learning curve that Doctors ride on. It makes you want to stay home the next time you're sick, that's for sure! But it also helps you appreciate their profession and the decisions they have to make and the responsibility they carry on their shoulders. Anyway, this went perfectly with it!
Doctors vs. Gun Owners
(1) The number of physicians in the U.S. Is 700,000.
(2) Accidental deaths caused by Physicians Per year are 120,000.
(3) Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171.
Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept of Health and Human Services.
(1)The number of gun owners in the U.S. 80,000,000. (Yes, that's 80 million)
(2) The number of accidental gun deaths Per year, all age groups, is 1,500.
(3) The number of accidental deaths Per gun owner is .000188.
Statistics courtesy of FBI.
So, statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners. Remember, 'Guns don't kill people, doctors do.'
FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN, BUT ALMOST EVERYONE HAS AT LEAST ONE DOCTOR. Please alert your friends to this alarming threat. We must ban doctors before this gets completely out of hand!!!!!
Watch out...Eric will be one of those in three and a half months!
1 day ago