Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Quick Note

We're still alive and well. Eric survived his surgery rotation, hooray! He delivered his first baby last night. He said it was really neat.

Isaac said something funny yesterday. I went and picked him up at the bus and was asking him about his day and what he did as we were walking home. He told me about how animal homes are called habitats and that they made a book about it. Now his words...

"I could have read it on the bus, but 1) I couldn't read."

And that was it! No number 2 and nothing more than he just can't read yet! That does seem to be a problem when wanting to read a book. He actually is doing really well with his reading. He can recognize several words and can sound out several more. Eric and I never realized how difficult the English language is until trying to teach Isaac to read. Almost every night the poor kid hears "Well this time it says this".

Hope everyone is enjoying the Christmas season!

No comments: