So much has happened this year that I'm bound to forget something important, but here are a few highlights!
- Eric interviewed and matched into the orthopaedic residency program at the University of Arizona.
- Eric and I took our first real vacation - all by ourselves. We went on a 7 day Carribbean cruise. Neither one of us were that impressed with the boat, but loved the ports of call. When we got home, we weren't sure if we'd ever do a cruise again, but ask us now and we'd jump on a boat in a second. There is something very appealing to the complete lack of responsibility!
- Eric graduated from the Texas A & M College of Medicine as a real live doctor!
- We found out we were expecting our fourth child.
- I closed the book on PTO presidency FOREVER!
- We said a painful goodbye to way too many loved ones in our beloved Texas.
- We reconnected with much loved and missed people in Arizona and found out how much fun cousins can be.
- We bought our first house.
- The kids spent hours and hours playing in our very own yard.
- We learned what it actually means to own a house.
- We learned what cactus we really shouldn't touch and how to get the prickles out when the urge was just too much.
- We received our first pay check in 4 years!
- Eric learned the level of love interns receive isn't really a level at all.
- I learned how to be a single mom.
- I made and planted my first garden, only to watch the rabbits enjoy it.
- We watched the kids grow, struggle, change, start new schools, make new friends, etc.
- Isaac discovered his love of reading.
- Carter decided he could build or create anything his imagination could conjure up. All he needed was a willing adult and a trip to Lowes (and a free pass past impossible!).
- Ashlyn fell in love with Cinderella, established herself as the official princess of the house and adores anyone who will adore her and sing her praises. She is soooo beautiful, you know!
- We had our first Christmas in our own home.
- We found out that life has its ups and downs, but we can handle anything as long as we have each other.
I can't wait to see what the new year brings!
The Final Year of the Circus
19 hours ago