Sunday, March 8, 2009

Kick! Pass! Shoot!

Soccer season has begun! I was dreading it for a while - realizing that I had just booked every Saturday until graduation - but I've really been enjoying it since the first practice. It's way better than basketball (in my humble opinion, Briana! :)). This is Carter's first season and he is SOOOO excited to be playing. Eric is his coach and really enjoying it. Isaac thinks he's an old pro since he has played two other seasons and his always willing to give Carter advice. He has improved so much and is finally starting to get it.

Our two soccer players.

Gotta get your game face on!

Both number 2. What a surprise! You'd think that they do numbers by size or something....

Ashlyn crashed out before the second half of Carter's game. It was SOOOO windy and she just couldn't keep her eyes open with Nana protecting her from the wind, all cuddled up.

Isaac had to have his turn with the camera. It's a good thing he got a picture of himself, because we didn't. I got plenty of Carter, but Isaac's game was too exciting to stop and take pictures. Eric and I were fighting half the time over who had to video.
Carter didn't disappoint as most 4 year olds playing soccer won't. As soon as his team got the ball the first time, he took off to the goal and stood there waiting with arms and legs open wide. When his team got the ball down field, Carter had a kick-out with his own teammate who was just trying to make a goal! It was hilarious. Later in the game he stole the ball from the other team and when I yelled "Good job, Carter!" he stopped, turned and gave me a big smile - oblivious to where the ball was or what was going on in the game. I'll have to try and be more quiet.




Isaac has bumped up and now plays on a bigger field with four on four, instead of three on three. He has been so fun to watch in practice. He runs hard and plays hard. They played a tough team on Saturday, but he did good. I have plenty to yell - but I think he has learned to tune me out. Hopefully the rest of the team will soon because I know each one by name. It's just too hard to sit there with your mouth closed. This will be a great soccer season. If only the wind will stop blowing!

2 comments:

Kristi said...

How fun they are both playing! Carter will start in April here. It makes me miss our fun year in Bryan playing together:) Oh and they had such a fabulous coach!!!

cms87 said...

My Isaac loved the pictures. And now Ella wants to play soccer too. Thanks.