Saturday, November 6, 2010

Birthday Celebration

I hit the big 30 this year. Ahhhh! Just a few weeks ago Cari and I were wondering if some college guys would try to flirt with us as we were leaving the post office in Thatcher, then caught our reflection in the glass as we were walking out the door and realized we were way past our prime. So sad!

My parents and sibs threw me a birthday party (Thanks Stacie for putting it all together!) down in the valley and we had a super duper time. We missed you, Kimberly! Jordynn watched all the kiddos while we went to dinner, stopped by my cousin Cameron's 30th birthday party, and then went to Steven's for a little more adult time before we headed home.

Stacie had us all gather around to enjoy the best movie ever - all about me! When we were growing up and would watch old movie reels I'd always complain because I was usually missing - most of them being made before my time. She wanted to end the suffering, so she spent hours editing a video of me throughout my life, mostly highlighting times and seasons that I'd rather nobody but family saw! She thought she was hilarious starting it off with a little monkey footage. It was a lot of fun. Thank you so much!

My birthday itself was a great day, too. Natalie took me to lunch (thanks Jake for babysitting!)and I had several birthday treats and wishes from friends. The kids decorated the house beautifully and made me cards. Eric was working that night, so me and the kids had some Nicos and picked up my free dozen at Crispy Cremes. Hooray for a new decade!

2 comments:

Allison said...

Happy Birthday Aub!! Glad you had a super fun day! I want to see the video...make me a copy!! :)

cms87 said...

What a great way to turn 30. . . I am so glad I'm not that old yet. ;o)