Sunday, August 28, 2011

Spoiled Isaac!

My mother-in-law has been after me for over a year to send Isaac to Texas to spend some time with them over the summer. I finally caved, thinking a week wouldn't be so bad, but she insisted on TWO! Besides me missing the kid like crazy, I had no idea what they were going to do with a nine year old for two weeks, but Eric and I said okay. We were all set to say "I told you so" when he was whiny and bored after the first week, but I think Debbie knew that and wanted to insure against it. They stopped off at Inner Space Caverns before they even made it home from the airport and that was just the beginning! Here's the short (or rather long) list of their activities while he was there. I'm sure I'll leave something out!

-Inner Space Caverns
-Movies
-Fishing
-Playing cards
-Playing Wii
-Driving the tractor
-Air show
-Zoo
-Ranger's game
-Beach
-Eating out (Eric is still jealous about King's Inn...best seafood ever!)
-Drive-in Theater (at home)
-staying up as late as wanted
-Cars 2 on the xbox (Thanks Uncle Anton!)
-Etc.
-Etc.
-Etc.

No responsibility, no little siblings, no problem. He was living the life! He also spent some of his time in Waxahatchie with Aunt Jennifer and Uncle Anton. That's where he did the zoo, air show, and Ranger's game, with a little xbox in between. Heaven!

I asked him, of all that he did, what his most favorite thing was. He was waffling between the beach (even though he, Cecilia, and Jennifer all got stung by jelly fish) and Inner Space Caverns. While he thought, I asked him about the baseball game and he said THAT was his favorite thing and then went on to excitedly tell me all the details of the suspenseful ending. Debbie and Jen sent me a few pictures, but said they didn't get very many because they were just too busy having fun. Here's a few that they did get.

Panning for gold

Driving the tractor


Nice fish!


Isaac and Cecilia at the zoo. Apparently Isaac soon became "My Isaac" and Cecilia was stuck to him like glue. He loved the attention and loved spending time with his cousin.





Eric and I were proved way wrong and two weeks was barely enough for that kid. I kept asking him if he was homesick, but nope. Not a bit. Now I want to know when it's my turn! Thanks so much for taking such good care of my boy and spoiling him like crazy!

No comments: