Tuesday, October 14, 2008

She's starting to get it!


I love when babies start to understand things and figure out the world around them. It always amazes me and usually cracks me up. Ashlyn had a few of those moments this morning. Small, but I still love them.

Whenever I get within a foot of Ashlyn's hair with a comb, she starts to yell "OW!". This morning was no different and as the comb actually touched her hair she yelled "Ow! Hurt!" And I said "Oh, it doesn't hurt that bad." - to which she replied, next time the comb grazed by, "Ow! Hurt BAD!" - to which I laughed and said "Hmmm" and finished her hair.

After we take Isaac to school, I usually swoop up Ashlyn, and Carter and I race to the door. This morning Carter was being pokey and Ashlyn rushed on ahead. We caught up to her right as she slammed her back to the door and yelled "I won!" I never realized she even paid attention!

Later this morning I was unloading the dishwasher and Ashlyn was yelling at me for something (She's really good at throwing fits for no good reason lately).

Me: Do you remember how this morning Isaac prayed that you wouldn't be grumpy all day?

Ashlyn: Yeah.

Me: Well, do you think you could do your part?

Ashlyn: SCREAM!!!

So maybe she doesn't quite get it all yet, but we're getting there!

3 comments:

cms87 said...

Aubrey,

I love the stories! She is so cute. I wish that you lived closer. She's never even met me. Maybe I will have to take a trip . . .

Briana said...

How cute! This is the time when you start to realize they get WAY more than you give them credit for, and for me, they start getting away with a lot less than they used to. :-)

Janene said...

What a cutie! She always looks so innocent! It was great to see you guys at the park. When we left Carson asked if we could go to our old house and see his old friends. I'll be calling you... :) Hang in there while Eric is gone!