Friday, January 30, 2009

Doctors Vs. Gun Owners

My friend, Desiree, had this posted on her blog and I thought it was too funny not to pass on. I've been reading a book called "Complications" that was written by an eighth year surgical resident. It discusses the fallibilty of Doctors, the guesswork of medicine, and the neverending learning curve that Doctors ride on. It makes you want to stay home the next time you're sick, that's for sure! But it also helps you appreciate their profession and the decisions they have to make and the responsibility they carry on their shoulders. Anyway, this went perfectly with it!

Doctors vs. Gun Owners

DOCTORS:
(1) The number of physicians in the U.S. Is 700,000.

(2) Accidental deaths caused by Physicians Per year are 120,000.

(3) Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171.

Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept of Health and Human Services.

GUNS:
(1)The number of gun owners in the U.S. 80,000,000. (Yes, that's 80 million)

(2) The number of accidental gun deaths Per year, all age groups, is 1,500.

(3) The number of accidental deaths Per gun owner is .000188.

Statistics courtesy of FBI.

So, statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners. Remember, 'Guns don't kill people, doctors do.'

FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN, BUT ALMOST EVERYONE HAS AT LEAST ONE DOCTOR. Please alert your friends to this alarming threat. We must ban doctors before this gets completely out of hand!!!!!

Watch out...Eric will be one of those in three and a half months!

5 comments:

KID, MD said...

That makes me laugh every time! But eighth year surgical resident! Yikes!!

Robin Conner said...

That's pretty funny! It was fun reading all your updates. Your kiddos are so cute and growing so fast! I remember when Ethan and Issac were 2 almost 3. Now they are getting so old! Crazy! I feel the same guilty pangs of not doing as much with my other 2 also. It makes ya feel bad that we don't do as much with them as we did the oldest. Keep trying! You're doing great!

cms87 said...

I love that. I am going to pass it along to Dwain. He is always telling me that "guns aren't dangersous." I'll have to tell him that he is right. It is your husband. LOL. Thanks for posting!

Kori said...

Thanks for perfecting my argument for not needing a gun in our home to protect ourselves. I'll have my own doctor in 3 1/2 months too!

Emily said...

Funny Aubrey! I'll have to check out that book! The odds are WAY against us, I guess, since we have guns AND a MD (and I'm not just talking about his biceps!). By the way, what does your rank list look like? Are you getting excited?!! Enjoy those balmy TX winters for us little popsicles, will you?