Monday, May 18, 2009

Graduation Day

(I have no idea what happened with the formatting, but I can't fix it! Sorry!)

The big day finally came. Graduation! We were relaxing in a hotel without the kids - it was great! Here is Eric and I on the big morning before lunch. Almost looks like a Doctor, but not yet!


As we were heading down the elevator, who appeared but my brother, Cody!







He and his wife Emily flew in and arrived from Austin a few hours before graduation. Eric was really grateful and touched that so many people sacrificed to be there and support him.

After lunch, it was graduation time! It was hard to get a good picture of Eric on the stage. The video was much better. Here he is after just being hooded. I couldn't have been more proud!













We had our own little area in the back of the auditorium. It helped with the kids a lot. What a party!













Dad and Cindy














Uncle Roger














Eric's mom and sister, Jennifer














Emily and Stacie, with me and Cody jumping in from behind!













Eric's Dad and Grandmother

Here is the awesome graduate! We all had to get our picture taken with the DOCTOR!














Our Family














Eric with his parents and sister
















Eric and Meemaw

Eric and I with my parents

Eric and I with my siblings (we missed you, Steven!)

The whole Chapman clan

Me and the man of the hour!

Afterwards, we picked up BBQ and went to a park to celebrate with our family and some of our friends and their families. It was the best decision we made. I can only imagine how bad it would have been trying to keep the kids under control in a restaurant after being in a long graduation. Unfortunately, we didn't get many pictures and I don't have any of our friends.

Me and my daddy

Enjoying our meal!

Deb, Jennifer, Meemaw, and Cecilia

Cari, looking ever so lovely!
We had such a good time at the park, it was really hard to leave. But, we needed to get back to Temple for one last graduation gift for Eric -

I think he liked it!

Eric said it was the best weekend and he couldn't have wished for a more perfect time. Congratulations again! You deserve it, Doctor!

7 comments:

Claudia and Glenn Walker said...

YAY!Can you believe school is over? Congrats to Erick and to you too. You guys deserve it. Great job for the both of you. You were a wonderful cheerleader and I knew he could have done it with out you:)

Kristi said...

Looks like you came back to B/CS for the graduation, I recognize Tanglewood park in the background! So great! It was a long road, but you guys made it! YAY!!!

Robin Conner said...

That is so awesome! Congratulations!

Briana said...

How truly cool to have so much family there to support him! I have to say, he definitely looks different as Dr. Chapman... okay, okay, so they're always "Daddy" at home, but please tell him Congrats!!

Claudia and Glenn Walker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Claudia and Glenn Walker said...

I was just checking what I wrote. I saw my typical Oops! I'm sorry what I was trying to say was "I know he couldn't have done it with out" I hope you knew what I meant:) I hope to see you guys on Sunday:)

Jen said...

Congradulations!!! That must be a good feeling to be done! I am glad you had so much family there. what a way to make an awesome event that much better! SO what is next for you guys?