Sunday, June 28, 2009

Checking In

I'm way behind on all of the things I want to post, but that's not going to happen yet, so I thought I would take a second and let everyone know that we are alive. We've been bouncing around AZ for the last month, with the majority of the time being spent in Thatcher with my parents. Everyone has been WONDERFUL, but we are tired and ready to be in our own home and out of our suitcases. The whole house buying experience was so much more than we ever thought it would be, but are happy that we finally found a house. It's smaller and farther away from Eric's work than either of us wanted, but it has a great school, and after a good long search, just felt right. We are supposed to close on Wednesday and get the keys on Thursday. Wish us luck! I think I'd be devastated if we got put off even one day - but I'm sure I'd survive it.

Eric has already started orientation. He's been staying with one of his classmates and they have been great to us. Our whole family went and stayed with them this last weekend so we could meet them and attend some of the beginning dinners. Last night was the graduation celebration for the leaving residents and it was a really nice night. I got to meet most of the residents and attendings that Eric will be working with and I think that we'll both be very happy with this program. Everyone was great and it feels like we are joining a big family. Eric officially starts on Wednesday (on paper), but he has his first day off, so he will begin on Thursday. That worked out really well for our house signing. He starts on the Trauma service and has pretty intense rotations for the first seven months. We're going to miss him. We have loved having him around so much for the last several months. I'm trying to get myself ready and get back into an independent mindset. The kids are going to miss their best playmate.

I think that's us in a nutshell. We've really been having a great time and I have lots of pictures to post. Be prepared for a good sitdown session once I get it all up. Dad and Cindy really have been the best this last month and I can't thank them enough. They have really spoiled us. I'm not sure what I'm going to do when I have to take care of myself and my family again!

We hope everyone is doing great. We really miss our beloved Texas, but I sure am enjoying the mountains. Love to all!

7 comments:

cms87 said...

Aubrey I am so glad that you finally surfaced! I have been watching for you to come back. I can’t wait to see pictures of your new house. Congratulations! Give everyone a big hug from us. We still miss you guys tons. In fact, Isaac told me about a week ago that he wants to go back to Texas to be with Isaac Brandon. I then explained to him that you are not in Texas anymore! LOL. Good luck with everything. Call me when things calm down or you need to vent. :o)

Briana said...

It's good to hear from you, Aubrey! The one thing I WILL say is that intern year has flown by for us! It doesn't seem like it's been a year, and next thing you know, it has! Good luck with your closing.

Emily said...

We sure miss you around here. I'm glad to know that everything is going well. Good luck with your house.

KID, MD said...

We miss you in Texas!! Glad things are settling down...

Becky said...

You've been in Thatcher this whole time and I haven't even seen you around? What's the deal? Maybe I should get out more.

daveandlisa said...

I can't wait for you guys to come join us over here in Tucson!!! I think I'll be just as devastated as you are if your closing gets pushed back even 1 day. Although I'm sure you'll be staying in our house if it does so it wouldn't be so bad after all (for me anyway). :-) See ya Wednesday!

Amy said...

Hey, you were right near my house when you went to the lava tubes up in Flagstaff! Glad you are back in AZ. Maybe our paths will cross once in awhile. Your family is beautiful! See ya!
Amy