Saturday, July 18, 2009

Rejoicing over Spilt Milk

Okay, so rejoicing might be a little...or a lot...of an exaggeration, but I do have a whole new perspective of it. For the last several years, spilt milk was a huge ordeal, including counting to ten, soaking it out of the carpet, cleaning it the best I could - thinking I got it all this time, smelling the horrible rotten milk smell, and ultimately finding a steam cleaner to resolve the problem. It got to be so frequent that we had to invest in our own cleaner and it was well worth it. Why most apartments have carpet in their dining rooms I will never know. But now, spilt milk is a completely different experience. Now I only have to count to seven, then I grab a rag, wipe it up, and I'm done with it. One of the many joys of my new home. A few others are -
- my own four walls
- banging on my walls at whatever time, day or night, that I want to
- having my own private backyard
- sending the kids out in the backyard!
- grapefruits from my grapefruit tree
- pulling into my garage
- filling half of my garage with storage that I have no idea what to do with!
- not hiking a mile to take the garbage out
- money spent is an investment for my personal enjoyment and not for the gain of an apartment complex
- pulling out plants I don't like and putting in ones that I do (still to come - but I have the plans and am already loving it!)
- a shorter address with no apartment number attached

The list goes on, but you get the idea! There are a few unpleasant things about homeownership, but I'm enjoying the good too much to stress over the not so good. The biggest ones that have gotten me are watching in horror as my four year old rides the garage door all the way to the top (Carter has been dead set on giving me a heart attack since we got here) and not having my best friends as my neighbors. Such is life!

We're loving our new home and I promise to post pictures of it soon. I also have a TON of other pictures, so when I finally get them off of the camera, watch out!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

I'm so excited for you that you can wipe up spills easily and have a garage door now!!!:) Simple pleasures are the best! Makes you feel like a grownup huh?

Robin Conner said...

Yeah for you!!!! I can't wait to see pics! Your son riding the garage door, cracked me up!!! You've got to get a picture of that one! ;)

Janene said...

Congratulations on being a homeowner! I have to agree with most everything you said about not living in an apartment! We're glad to hear you're in your home and excited to see some pictures. Poor Ashlyn with the cactus! Ouch! And Carson loved the picture of Isaac without his two front teeth...we have matching buddies right now. :) Glad to hear your doing well!