Saturday, May 28, 2011

While I was away...

I saw my in-laws for a whole 10 minutes on my way out of town. I picked them up at the airport and then they kicked me to the curb. I'd written an extensive list of activities, lessons, food preferences, entertainment options, etc., etc., and hoped that it would be enough, because I was out of there! Ashlyn had thrown up a couple of times that morning, but was acting totally fine the rest of the time, so I thought it was nothing (she semi-often does weird things like that) - kissed them all good bye and wished Bill and Debbie 'good luck.' Unfortunately, it wasn't "nothing" and my list was flushed down the toilet, along with everyone else's lunch. Ashlyn did fairly well the rest of that day, but it hit everyone but my father-in-law, one by one (and at one point 3 - Isaac, Carter, and Debbie). I've been told that my father-in-law deserves a medal of honor for courageously holding down the fort. I still haven't gotten many details about their week, but I was left some pictures to enjoy.

The sick room


After recovery, I think these next two pictures were taken to prove that the kids actually did some of their duties (or in Carter's case - doodies!:)) Gotta love the pooper scooper!




Whatever went on, I'm pretty sure Ian was the main entertainment. I was so proud when I saw the picture in the dryer. Although annoying now, he'd been working up the courage for some time to go in, but could never quite talk himself into it. Nana turned her back and when she turned back around, there he was!


Shoes are his thing these days.






Nana and Ashlyn had a girl's day out on the town. They went shopping and out to lunch. Ashlyn came back as a beautiful bride.


Instead of waking up early to make it to the airport (they flew in and out of Phoenix) when it was time to go, they took the kids to a hotel to have some fun. They loved the swimming and who can resist watching TV in a hotel room? Wait...someone's missing. Where's Ian?


Oh, there he is!



The kids loved having Nana and Papa there. There's no one they'd rather have clean up their puke than their grandparents! :) It wasn't exactly the visit that my in-laws had imagined it would be, but they were troopers and are VERY much appreciated!

2 comments:

DNAgallows said...

Wow, you owe them big! What great in-laws. And if they offer to do it again...they earn the greatest reward :) I am sure the kids will have great memories even though they were under the weather part-time.

Steph Thomas said...

WoW!! You have awesome incredible in-laws. Mine would never do that. Way to go!