Monday, November 12, 2007

Family Update!

My early blogging addiction has subsided somewhat (life happens) and now I have such a hard time finding a chance to sit down and update.

Eric just started his Orthopaedic's rotation. We've been waiting for this one since it is one of his main interests and we're HOPING that when he's done he'll know what direction he would like to go into for sure. I've really enjoyed his new sewing skills. He needs all the practice he can get, so I have him pull out his suturing kits and he has now sutured the hole in our chair and Isaac's bear whose arm was falling off. He does a better job than me, so I'll have to keep lining up the projects! Do you think he would consider buttons good practice?

I stay busy, but at least no more preschool! I have three months of relaxation until I have to teach again. It's funny how quickly I have already filled up that time slot. I need to get started on Christmas projects, but the laundry always seems to loom ahead. I could always stay up a night or two, but when Eric is heading to bed at 9:00p and my pillow looks so comfortable, it's hard to stay up and be productive. Between PTO and Isaac's classroom, I was doing Elementary school related stuff four times last week. I'm really enjoying getting to know Isaac's class and the PTO's not so bad either. I'm the only one on the board that has little kids still at home and not in school, though. Sometimes that makes it tough, because everyone else is pretty free.

Isaac has decided that he's an artist and he is very serious about his work. He's drawing most of the time that he's home. It's great for me, kind of a bummer for Carter. I just think its strange coming from a kid that had no attention span for that sort of thing until he started school. Maybe there's hope for Carter after all! He is recovered 100%. I didn't realize how fast kids bounce back! It's nice to have him feeling good. Flu shots are tomorrow, so hopefully we can keep them all well the whole winter through. Wouldn't that be great?

Carter just goes about his merry way, usually being the bad guy. Yesterday he wanted to play "Prophets", so he came down dressed as Goliath. "Don't you want to be David?" "No." And there was no convincing him otherwise. Regardless of the story, he never wants to be the prophet. Even with Daniel and the Lion's Den he wanted to be the people that threw Daniel in. Not Daniel, not King Darius, not even the lions (they never actually ate Daniel, you know). I guess he'll grow out of it? This morning he found a great big puddle outside where they have been digging and draining some things around our apartment. It didn't take long until he was in the middle of it. He doesn't have too many worries.





Ashlyn eats her hairbows and makes car noises. Is there really much more that needs to be said? I was so excited that her hair was finally long enough (just barely) to put some little clips in, but I keep finding them in her mouth. That's why she had to stop wearing her bracelets, too. Isaac continues to be her favorite. He's always making her laugh. It's nice since Carter is always making her scream.

Laundry calls!

No comments: