Thursday, November 29, 2007

Thanksgiving and more...

I figured it was finally time to report on Thanksgiving. We had a wonderful time as always. My mother-in-law sure knows how to please her family! Eric's sister, Jennifer, and her husband Anton came down from Denver, and Uncle Mickey, Meemaw, and Aunt Trish joined in on the fun. Jennifer and Anton were a big hit right off with an airplane and a helicopter for the boys. I was supposed to bring a lemon meringue pie, but twisted my ankle playing volleyball the night before. I was still up in the kitchen getting it done when Eric made me sit down and said that everyone would understand. Poor Uncle Mickey had just taken his lemon meringue pie to the orphanage because he was told I was bringing one. I think that's the first time I've seen Uncle Mickey cry! :) Carter had the whole day planned out. He informed us that after lunch, it was naptime, then he would rake leaves, and then he would come in for some hot chocolate and pie. Isaac was more than willing to go along with it. That was our routine the following day, too.

Friday morning we all drove to Elgin to the Christmas tree farm and got Christmas trees. The boys are very proud of their tree and we have it up and decorated. Isaac and Carter are getting old enough for me to really have fun with them about Santa, etc. Eric just keeps walking by quoting "Oh, the tangled web we weave." Does it really hurt for them to think that our Santa hat was once actually Santa's and that he gave it to us when he got a new one? Or that we have Santa's personal phone number? Or...Or...Or? Ashlyn so far has surprisingly left the tree alone. The only ornament we have caught her eating had already fallen off of the tree. She can now officially climb the stairs, but that is only in pursuit of me. As long as I'm downstairs, she could care less about them. However, she LOVES the dishwasher. Fortunately she's still only teetering between being cute and driving me crazy. She hasn't quite reached driving me mad yet!












Hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving and good luck with Christmas already in full swing!

1 comment:

Kerrie said...

Sounds like a fun Thanksgiving! :) I love the picture of you and your sweet girl. Your kids are so cute! So guess what. Yesterday i woke up from having a dream that you, Amanda, and I were traveling on foot to accomplish some secret mission. What the random! It was fun to think of you though! :) Merry Christmas!