Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Jingle Bun Fun Run

Saturday I ran another 5k. Hooray! Amanda and I had talked our husbands into joining us this time, but Eric ended up having an interview in Pennsylvania. He was HEARTBROKEN he had to miss it! Right....
This one was a bit different than the last one. First of all, COLD, which I really was hoping it wouldn't be! Last year it was 70 degrees for this race, but this year it was in the 40s with a slight wind. I've decided I'm a warm weather gal. We've had several cold fronts come through earlier than usual and I'm freezing! Why exactly was Eric interviewing in Pennsylvania? Second, I didn't train as much for this one. With Thanksgiving and neverending family sickness, I didn't find my way to the gym as much as I would have liked to - plus I was just recovering from the barfs myself. With that being said, it was still great fun! I had been hoping to improve my time, but fell short by 4 secs. Not to worry, though. There's another one in March! I am definitely not a diehard runner, but I have really enjoyed having something to work for. It's something just for me and it makes me feel like I have accomplished something!

Since Amanda is 5 months pregnant, she decided to take it easy and only came in second in our age group. Can you believe what a slacker she is? :) This was David's first 5K and he did awesome with a second place in his age division also. Go Team Galloway!

As we were running along, it was fun to see other friends who had entered the race. Rachelle and Hayley were rockin' too! Can't wait until March!

3 comments:

Steph Thomas said...

I have always hated running but recently I have found that it is an outlet for me. I love getting out of the house and not having to worry about the kids. I just recently started taking Chris' ipod and that helps so much. Someday I may enter a race but probably not anytime soon. Great job for all your accomplishments!!

Allison said...

Aub...I am amazed at your running ability!!! I think, I mean I know I would die if I had to run a mile...unless someone was chasing me with a knife!! Anywho...where are you guys planning on doing residency? We really want to go to PA too, either York, Danville, or Bethlehem? Anywho, maybe if we are lucky, we'll be neighbors! :)

The Mullenaux Family said...

Nice! Half marathon next? :)