Thursday, December 4, 2008

Remember when?

We've all had several conversations of "Remember whens?". "Remember when their was no internet?" "Remember when we had to do research in a library and use a card catalog?" "Remember when 'Saved By the Bell' was the most important thing in our lives?" "Remember when gas was affordable?" (Thank goodness we don't have to have that last conversation too often anymore!) Our "remember whens" are usually pretty telling of our age. I was riding with my mother-in-law a long time ago and was laughing at her when her "remember when" was 40 or 50 years ago, and then cried when my following one was already 10-20 years ago. This morning Carter was watching morning cartoons and looked at me with a very thoughtful gaze and said "Mom, remember when 'Super Why' wasn't even ON pbs kids?" Can you believe that was so long ago? I think, maybe February? Kind of funny!

2 comments:

Steph Thomas said...

That is funny coming from such a young kid, remember when. I love it:)

Robin Conner said...

I have lots of remember when's. They depress me! :) But it is fun to "go back" and remember stuff.
About your comment, I've known for a few weeks now that I'm having a boy. At first I was pretty depressed, I had convinced myself that it was a girl so Lily could have a sister, but I'm getting over the disapointment and trying to focus on how much I'll love the little bugger no matter what! :) You're in the same situation, if you chose to have another one. It's risky but you get what god wants you to get i guess! :) Are you done? Or are you going to try for one more? Have a good Sunday!