Monday, September 19, 2011

Different Strokes for Different Folks

Friday was Opposite Day at the boys' school, where the kids were supposed to dress like the teachers and the teachers were supposed to dress like the kids. I had forgotten about it and was shocked when I saw Isaac walk in the kitchen with a button up shirt and nice dress pants on. Button up shirts are the worst things ever in our house (even though he looks so handsome in them!). I asked Carter if he wanted to dress up and he said "No, I just really like being me."

I love that Isaac wants to be involved, even if it mandates the wearing of undesirable clothing. I love that he gets into the spirit of things and wants to participate in everything and really enjoys himself.

I also love that Carter is so comfortable with who he is. I love that he doesn't bend with every changing wind and that he stays true to his own little personality, no matter what other people are doing.

They are such different boys, but they're both great kids and I'm so lucky to have them!