Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Let's get ready to RUMBLE!

Last Friday, Gracie (the little girl in Isaac's b-day pictures) invited Isaac to go to a Monster Truck Rally for HER birthday! Of course, we couldn't let Isaac go without us! Poor Gracie was done after about 10 min. "It's loud, boring, and I want to watch my new Mermaid movie!" The Jordan's ended up leaving at intermission, but we had a great time! Isaac never complained once, but was enthralled with all that was going on. They had some amateur motorcross and fourwheeler racing also. Isaac (and his Dad) is still trying to convince me that he needs a little motorcycle like those ones! Carter had a rough time during the slow parts, but he perked right up at the end when the monster trucks came out for their "freestyle" show. It was life changing for the both of them, and now I have two monster truck drivers to-be. Isaac begged and begged for us to take him to the Saturday night show, but once per weekend was enough for me. Towards the end, the announcer said that if you wanted to be a monster truck driver you had to stay in school, listen to your parents, and stay away from drugs. The next morning Carter was on the ball with everything I asked him to do, not his usual state of being. "Mom, I'm listening so good so I can be a MONSTER TRUCK DRIVER!" He has also transformed Ashlyn's walker into the "Twisted Dragon", our favorite truck of the night, and he has quite the moves with it. The pictures we got were blurry and for some reason we didn't really get any of the kids, but here's a tiny taste of our night, with the only disappointment being that no one flipped their truck. We had a GREAT time!


3 comments:

Polly said...

how awesome! I wish I were there, too! I love the blurry pictures of the racing, more real with the actions going on. I bet you love that announcer, and I hope that Carter will remember it for long.

Jen said...

So are you going to let Carter be a monster truck driver? Looks like a fun day!

cms87 said...

We tried taking our Isaac to see a monster truck show when he was almost two and he FREAKED out. I am glad your kids loved it. Was it loud?