Wednesday, January 30, 2008

She found her feet!


Ashlyn has finally figured out that her legs and feet work! We haven't been able to get her to take ANY steps. Not even with full body support. She would just pick up her little legs and completely refuse. Now she's loving it and having a great time with her walker, little chairs on the kitchen floor, toy buckets, or anything else that she can walk around with. Hopefully she'll get brave enough to take steps on her own soon. I know most people dread the walking stage, but I'll take it any day over crawling. Dirty knees and an eye for ANYTHING on the ground. I'm sure it won't keep her out of the wipies, though. She knew she was caught and was trying to escape before I got any hard evidence!

Sidenote: She finally has teeth! Still none on top, but that's okay. We weren't sure this day would ever come!

4 comments:

Claudia and Glenn Walker said...

I agree with you. I totally like better now that Ian can walk than when he started crawling. You'll see the walker will help her a lot.She is very smart. I'm very sure that you'll be posting her first steps too. YAY!

Jen said...

I am glad she discovered her feet. She will be walking in no time! I always loved when my kids moved passed crawling and starting walking but that always meant more trouble!

robyncreates said...

Hey Aubrey-I found your blog off of Steph's. It was fun to see how you guys are doing and what Ashlyn looks like. She's adorable!
Robyn Power

cms87 said...

How fun! I can't believe how big she is. What a cutie!