Thursday, April 17, 2008

Exciting happenings for easily excitable people!

Exciting happening #1 - Feeding my family healthy and at least they ate it!

Sunday night I was watching my friend Kassie's kids when I started looking through her cookbook by Jessica Seinfeld, "Deceptively Delicious." You cook and puree several different vegetables, store them in your freezer, and then sneak them into meals. Supposedly, everybody's happy. The kids are happy because they're eating what they like and you're happy because they're still getting their veggies. My kids like vegetables, but I'm not the best at serving them (I know, I know), so I actually decided to try this more to help me than them. I spent ALL Tuesday afternoon steaming, baking, and pureeing. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be. Maybe I will make my own baby food next go-around. Anyway, I proudly made and served my first entree and dessert that night. Hamburgers with cauliflower and carrots and brownies with carrots and zucchinni. The boys ate them with no complaints. Eric, however, agreed that it was deceptive. I promise him hamburgers, but what he ate was NOT hamburgers. He smells brownies cooking all evening, and again - disappointed. The hamburgers weren't too bad as long as you thought of them as meatloaf, and the kids, mine and others, gobbled up the brownies. I decided that something from the cookbook every night this week would be a little much after all, but I haven't given up! My cousin Melanie was telling me about another one that her and her sister Marianne use that has better recipies, but I can't remember the name of it. Pretty exciting, huh! Bet you can't wait to read the rest of the blog!

Exciting happening #2 - The DTV converter box!

We finally got our coupons in the mail for our new DTV converter box! True, TV stations aren't changing completely to digital vs. analog until February, but why wait? We don't watch very much TV anyway, but its AMAZING how clear our channels are! We went from 4 or 5 pretty fuzzy channels (adjusting the rabbit ears to a different position for each one) to 9 crystal clear channels downstairs and even more upstairs. How were we living before without two weather channels and a spanish PBS? I tell ya! You can get your coupons at http://www.dtv.gov/. Who needs cable?

Exciting happening #3 - Bows!

I am finally becoming a mother of a girl! Ashlyn's hair-do has mainly consisted of having her bangs swept to the side, with an occasional clip that she usually pulls out soon anyway. Yesterday a few of my friends and I got together to learn how to make bows. Easy, I know, but I've just never done it. Ashlyn is stylin' now!

No comments: