Thursday, April 3, 2008

I forgot to knock on wood!

A couple of weeks ago my friend, Christina, was telling me how her son, Isaac (my Isaac's best friend in Bryan) had cut his hair. I told her how lucky I was that we had NEVER had any of those problems, Thank Goodness! Well, alas, my luck ran out. Isaac decided that his hair, that I cut a week and a half ago, was too long and he needed to do something about it. He was pretty impressed with his work and was quite dismayed when I told him it all had to come off. After parading him around to my neighbors getting a "second opinion" he finally agreed to the buzz. Good thing, since he wouldn't have had a choice anyway! The picture doesn't quite show how bad it really was, but it at least gives you an idea. He got the back, too. At least he's a boy and he did it on himself. I don't think he'll ever try that one again (knock on wood - I won't forget this time!). He's just lucky he did it on himself. If it had been one of his siblings....OOOOOOOO.

He actually scalped himself really well. I tried to keep it as long as possible, but after 2 bigger blades, finally had to go down to the 1/8". Oh well - it will grow. I usually buzz them in the summer anyway - just not this short!

5 comments:

Steph Thomas said...

Oh man, what a surprise for a mom. It is inevitable that all/most children do that at least one time in their childhood. I wonder where that idea comes from? Well, hopefully this is his once and it won't ever happen again. Your right though, it is a good thing he did it to himself and not anybody else. Well, he should be cooler now.

Kerrie said...

O wow! I want to do that to Josh just to see what he looks like! I think it's fun! Not for times when I want family pictures etc so it has to be between holidays! :) Is that silly or what!

Polly said...

Let me just tell you I did that when I was 3. I will have to show you a picture someday. My family holds on to that picture and is a constant joke about that for the past 20 years. And I was pretty confidence when I did that because I did plenty of practice on my dolls. But somehow just didn't work out on my own.

Anyway, that explained what we saw on Fri afternoon. Your hubby was on his way to pick him up from the bus when we were cleaning our cars. He came to chat with us for a little while... then it was time, he drove off to pick him up. I was like, that's Issac? Now I know why I didn't recognize him right then.

Briana said...

LOL is all I have to say! He's pretty darn cute as a fuzz head, though!

The Mullenaux Family said...

That's sweet! Good job little bro! LOL.

Uncle Steven