Thursday, April 3, 2008

She's got SKILLS!

Not walking skills - don't get too excited, but escaping skills. I often leave Ashlyn in her highchair after breakfast so that she doesn't get into anything while I finish getting dressed and get Isaac ready for school. I was upstairs brushing my teeth when I hear the boys yelling "Ashlyn - stop breaking it! The baby is getting it. Stop breaking our train!" -or something to that effect. So I head downstairs to investigate and lo and behold there is Ashlyn, sure enough, breaking their train track. I didn't get her out. Isaac didn't get her out. Carter didn't get her out. The boys didn't even see her do it. Pretty impressive, I'd say. So much for keeping her out of things! She hasn't conquered the crib yet, but I don't think she has tried. I'm pretty sure she could do it. Besides her crazy climbing skills, she doesn't seem to have a lot of fear. Yesterday we were out at the playground and she was racing up the steps and throwing herself down the slide (head-first, feet-first, whatever way you can imagine-first) cracking up the whole time while I was frantically trying to keep up with her and save her life! I'm not sure if she was laughing from the fun of the slide or just laughing at the joke she was making out of me. Maybe I'm not ready for her to walk?

1 comment:

Steph Thomas said...

Not your precious little girl. She is not old enough to be doing things like that. Poor boys, now nothing is going to be safe for them. They will have to split up and take shifts patrolling their toys 24/7. Hopefully she doesn't walk anytime soon for ya'lls sake.