Monday, September 29, 2008

The Big 4!

Happy Birthday, Carter! He's now the big 4! He requested a pirate cake with a volcano, so we went with a pirate theme for his whole birthday.


This is the really cool pinata that we made. It wasn't quite the fierce pirate I had envisioned, but Carter loved it, so it was great, right?

We had a pirate party for him on Friday. He thought it was a lot of fun...I thought it was a lot of chaos! I was so glad some of the mom's stayed to help, but I still didn't get that many pictures.

Inside the pinata there was a treasure map! How lucky!

I got sparkler candles to make the volcano look like it was erupting, but they didn't sparkle much and they didn't blow out. I felt bad. He's not old enough for trick candles!

Nana and Papa came on Saturday to spend the day for more party celebration and to watch the kids for my race. They are always lifesavers and way too good to me!

Since we had already had the cake on Friday, he blew out a cinnamon roll on Sunday for his actual birthday. I think he really enjoyed the three days of celebration!
I thought this car that they fashioned out of cushions and pillows was pretty cool and creative. Not much to do with his birthday, but it was on his birthday!

We tortured him and made him wait until Eric was home from church to open presents so that Eric could watch on the webcam. I don't know how much he saw, but at least we felt like he was more apart of things! Carter of course made out like a bandit. Thanks to all who gave him such wonderful gifts! Now to find a place for them!

4 comments:

Briana said...

We were sooooo sad that we were sick! Trust me, Carsen keeps saying now that he's better, we can go to Carter's party and bring him his present. I reassured him that even though Carter's party is over, we'll still bring him his present . . . "And go to his party?" Sometimes we're a little slow. We'll call ya.

Steph Thomas said...

Your cake looks awesome and what a cool idea for the treasure map inside the pinata. I am sure he had a blast. What a mom you are!!

Claudia and Glenn Walker said...

Happy belated b-day to Carter. I had all the intention to drop off Nicky, but she was running a fever so I thought it would be the best not spred her illness. However I loved the pictures and your post. Happy b-day to Carter the Pirate!
Claudia

cms87 said...

Oh you are so good. I still have to post the pictures from Ella's party. And it looked like everyone had tons of fun. Way to be super mom!