Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Lubbock or bust!

The kids and I decided to brave the 6hr drive to Lubbock, so that we could visit Eric for the weekend. We left Friday morning and got there around 3:30 that afternoon (actually 7hrs later!). I was having a near anxiety attack for taking Isaac out of school (I'm weird like that), but I am so glad I did. We had such a fun evening and we would have missed all of that! Eric is staying with an older couple that offered to let him live for free for the month and they invited us up as well. The kids loved their toys and their basketball hoop. The couple was out of town for the weekend, so I loved living in a house with just my family! I hope they didn't mind me fantasizing that it was my own! That evening we took the fam to Chuck E. Cheese for an early birthday dinner for Carter. I meant to take pictures every where we went, but I only got a few...I know you're disappointed! Isaac took off the second he got his tokens, so I only have a couple of Ashlyn and Carter...okay...mostly Ashlyn.

"Whatever you do, keep your eyes on the road!"


She loved riding with the puppy!
Saturday we took the kids to the park and stopped by Hobby Lobby for weights to beef up our pinewood derby car (more info will come on that later). Then we (Eric) spent the afternoon designing and cutting out our car. We didn't do a whole lot, but it was SOOOO nice to be together! Eric had only been gone two weeks, but neither one of us really like to be alone, and the kids have really missed him. Only six more weeks!
Lubbock has a small temple in the same lot as the churchhouse. The boys thought that was pretty neat. They couldn't wait to get their picture taken in front of it. It's beautiful, just like all the rest!

After church, we headed home and the drive back went much smoother, with MANY less stops on the side of the road. We had a WONDERFUL time and it was well worth it. Now I'm just trying to talk Eric into detouring 5 hrs on his way to Missouri....