Monday, September 22, 2008

Since we've been back...

It took me so long to post about Arizona, I haven't kept up with our day to day or even week to week happenings. Here's a little bit of what's been going on since we got back from our month long vacation....

- Eric submitted his applications for residency - over 40 - so hopefully we'll start getting interviews soon!


- Isaac FINALLY lost his first tooth. He's been wanting it for more than a year now and it has happened! We thought he had swallowed it because he was putting his dinner plate in the sink when he noticed that it was gone. Luckily, it just fell on the floor and Dad, the hero, was able to find it. (It took me awhile to find my battery charger for my camera after getting back, so there aren't many pictures!)

- The boys perfected their fort making skills.


- All three kids got sick, sick, sick. The poor babies had severe headaches and vomitting for minimum one day, maximum three. It was miserable - even more so for them than for me, believe it or not! :)

- Isaac started the first grade - a day late due to being sick. I went to his open house by myself and met his teacher, but didn't realize until AFTER I had dropped him off at the curb that he had no idea where to go and I wasn't even sure he remembered his teacher's name! Oh the neglect!


- I agreed to be PTO President this year. Although forwarned, I never really imagined it would be so much work or so much DRAMA! Things are starting to settle down, but if you have an afternoon, ask me about holding a parent "hostage" at a PTO meeting. I can laugh now...

- The boys and I made suckers with my mom's old sucker molds and flavoring that I brought back from AZ. It was a fun treat and we've actually made a few batches!


- Eric finished his ortho rotation with Scott & White and headed up to Lubbock for a month and then he'll be off to Columbia, MO for another month.

I'm sure I left out something really great and really important, but those are the highlights for now!

2 comments:

Steph Thomas said...

Busy lady and PTO PRESIDENT??? Are you crazy? We used to make suckers when I was young as well. That makes me wonder if my mom still has them...wait I am sure she does, maybe I could get them from her. Thanks for the great idea.

spice2116 said...

pto president?!! i can sympathize they wanted me to be pres but being pregnant and being our first year at the school i decided to go for secretary. and WOW drama good luck