Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope everyone had as wonderful of a holiday as we did! We spent the holiday in Lexington with my in-laws and they were gracious enough to let us invite a few friends for lunch, too. Our crowd consisted of us, the Hadley's, the Cervantes', the Walkers', Eric's parents, Meemaw, Aunt Elaine with Angie and Jordan, and Uncle Roger. It was a houseful, but that's what Thanksgiving is all about!

Ashlyn did an excellent job of supervising the morning preparations.

Here are a few of the kids. I didn't do a great job with taking pictures this year.

Jordan and Isaac taking down there Thanksgiving dessert!
Claudia showed us all up shooting. Her husband, Glenn, said that now she's been offically Americanized! There's no place like Texas!

It's hard for me to give up the wishbone to the next generation, but I decided to be the bigger person and let the kids do it. Deep breath...

Hooray for Carter! (I'm sure the second hand on his side had nothing to do with his victory!)

Ashlyn was content all weekend as long as she had a book and was often chasing us around with big armfuls of them, so we decided to leave her with Nana and Papa and take the boys for some real fun....Sea World!

The 4-D theater was showing a portion of "The Polar Express." The snowflakes and spurts of Hot Chocolate flavored air was enough to get anyone in the spirit!

The boys didn't want their picture taken with "Shamu" Claus, so Eric and I had Isaac take OUR picture. Someone had to have one!

When we went to Sea World in May it was only a few more dollars to get a two-day pass, so we went this time to use the second day. Since it was paid for so long ago, it felt like a free trip, so we splurged a little and got some fish for the boys to feed the dolphins.

We were watching a scuba diver feed the manta rays, when Santa thought that he'd like to take a dive! I love the glow around the boys' heads as they went to say "hello."

Eric won't ride roller coasters with me, so I have to get my thrills on the kid rides with the kids. I'm not embarrassing Isaac, am I?

Carter just being cute!

We liked the Christmas Shamu show better than the regular season. It was the highlight for Isaac and Carter and Eric, too!



We love Ashlyn to pieces, but it sure was a different experience without her! It was great not fighting a baby or pushing a stroller or changing diapers, or, or, or....
After Sea World, we stopped off at IHOP for some pancakes, then headed back to Lexington to rest and relax for another day. I had such a FABULOUS weekend and loved taking the time to reflect on all of my many blessings, especially with all of my favorite ones surrounding me!

4 comments:

Steph Thomas said...

I didn't know they did something special for Christmas. I also didn't know that you don't have to go two days in a row when you get the two day pass. That is awesome. Looks like you guys had so much fun. Isaac did a great job on the pic of you and Eric. I am impressed.

Briana said...

What a great idea to go without Ashlynn. We went back in April and had all the boys. It would have been much nicer with just the older two. I'm glad you guys had fun, and I, too, didn't know you didn't have to use a 2 days pass on consecutive days!

Robin Conner said...

Your Thanksgiving looked fun! You're hilarious on the "kiddy" rides! I don't blame you, I'd do the same thing if the hubby wouldn't ride the big ones with me! ;)

Claudia and Glenn Walker said...

Your in-law and you really know how to throw a good thanksgiving. We loved our time there. I'm so glad you could have fun at Sea World.