Tuesday, August 4, 2009

It's a start!

I have quickly found out that owning a home makes your "to do" list a LOT longer and a LOT more painful! Several people have requested pictures of the house, but I haven't wanted to send them because it's not how I want it yet. I have finally come to realize that it will take a very long time to get it how I want it, but I do have a start. Here are some pictures of the front room - the first room you see when you walk in the door. It still needs a few more things, but it's the only room that has made serious progress. My sister, Cari, was an angel and came down one weekend to help me surprise Eric and get it painted. She got here in the evening, we painted until 2:00am, woke up and painted until noon, ate, swim, and she headed home. I NEVER would have gotten it done without her. Thank you! Thank you! Now I just need her to come back to help me paint more rooms! Dad and Cindy were also life savers. They came down and back one day just to help me get things done. Dad hung ceiling fans and light fixtures, etc., while Cindy helped me get some pictures on the wall and vacuumed all of my blinds. Once again - it NEVER would have gotten done without them. I'm anxiously awaiting their next visit. I have plans! :) Huge "Thank yous" to them as well.

The pictures aren't at the same angles. The ones we took of the house before were at angles they didn't have on the internet. I didn't want to show my other room yet (it's next on the list) so I took my "after" pictures at a little different angle, but you get the idea.

Before - I love the green color, but they had it in way too many rooms. I'm leaving it in the kitchen, but it needs a little touch up.

After

Before

After

Before

After
There you have it!

6 comments:

Claudia and Glenn Walker said...

your house looks lovley already.
I'm so glad you are getting help with the painting:) I wish I could help you too:)

Stacey Mowers and Family said...

The "afters" look way better than the "befores"! You will soon find out that owning a home is ALWAYS a work in progress, the list never ends of what needs done. Have fun painting, it's the worst part.

Kristi said...

Looks great Aubrey! Too bad you didn't hang a cross on the wall in the same place that the previous owner did! Paint makes such a huge difference in any room! You dread doing it and put it off but it really doesn't take forever and you are always glad you bothered, unless it turns out to be the wrong shade! Then you can always just paint over it!!!:)

cms87 said...

Aubrey it looks great!!! I love it. I can't wait to paint our own house. Hopefully soon. We are starting to look this month! YIPPEE!!!

Polly said...

love the color! You guys did a great job! We have to make a trip to come visit your "model home"!

DNAgallows said...

Your home looks great! I can't wait to get more than the virtual tour. I will be there soon!!! It is a shame we don't have the same floor plan to compare where our furniture and decor should go. I guess I have to be creative on my own!