Monday, August 24, 2009

Lowe's Build-it-Yourself Workshop

These last several weeks since we've been here we've really enjoyed going to Lowe's on every other Saturday for their "Build-it-Yourself" workshop. I thought it was just a summer thing, but was overjoyed to learn that they do it all year long. The kids have a blast getting to hammer and create something and it gives us something easy and free to do. Eric has been able to go, too, which makes it a whole different experience in and of itself. My wonderful friend, Lisa, makes it all the easier for me and just signs my kids up when she signs up her own. Isn't she great?

Ashlyn is surprisingly good with a hammer. I thought I'd be chasing her up and down the aisles while the boys tried to finish their projects, but she hangs right in there.

Carter is in heaven being able to build something and not being told "Yeah right" or "Not right now."

Isaac really enjoys it because the projects are simple enough that he can read the instructions and pretty much build it all by himself.


Kadyn, Carter, Isaac and Talon showing off the finished product - a power boat.

Ashlyn and her boat - the only way I could get a picture!
They've also built a helicopter and Lisa grabbed us some school busses (didn't I say she was great?) because we missed the last one. We're hoping to build them tomorrow. Good times!

5 comments:

daveandlisa said...

Your friend Lisa sounds really cool! You are so lucky to have such an awesome friend. :-) No, but really we LOVE that you guys come to these projects with us. It's way more fun that way. Talon was pretty sad that you guys weren't able to come this last week. Next time! They'll be making drums so it should be fun. And yes, I'll get you guys all signed up again. :-)

daveandlisa said...

Oh! And I recently put pics up on my blog from this that I got with my camera. If you wanted the ones of your kids you could get them off my post if you wanted. I got one of Ashlyn right after you told her to stop sucking on her fingers. She has the most guilty look on her face. So funny!

Briana said...

I've heard so many people really like those workshops... I should take my boys sometime, huh!!

The Fam! said...

It is so fun to see pictures. Someone mentioned Home Depot does the Saturday projects also, guess I should check it out. I love the before and after pictures of your house.

DNAgallows said...

You've been busy! Not surprised. You guys don't sit still for long. We will have to check it out...on a day David can be there. I would be chasing one with another in tow. What a creative/creating crew you have! miss you guys!