Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Compassion for a Cricket

This morning, Carter found a cricket in the house. He assumed his usual duty of catching it and tossing it outside. Midway through his daily ritual, he came back to tell me that the cricket wasn't trying to get away or jump or anything. I suggested that the cricket might be sick, to which he responded that he thought it just couldn't walk. My thoughts were "And???" while his thoughts were on a very different wave length. He carefully took the cricket back outside where he proceeded to talk to it, play with it, sing to it, try to teach it how to jump, and give it rides on his bike. Whether the cricket actually appreciated his efforts or not - or if it just led to his quicker demise, I appreciated them. Just a little insight into who my Carter boy is...

1 comment:

Kori said...

Even for a bug hater such as myself, that was a very sweet story. :)