Sunday, November 1, 2009

Fun with Friends

We had visitors! Our friends from Galveston days, Jason and Erica Yule and their son, Bryce were coming to Phoenix from Albuquerque for the Houston Texans vs. Arizona Cardinals football game and detoured to Tucson for a day to hang out. We had a lot of fun seeing them and I think we were all exhausted by the end of the day! Eric and Jason left early to go shooting while Erica and I got the kids ready for the Lowe's workshop (can't miss it even if we do have visitors!). It was by far the easiest project we've done so far and would have only taken us a few minutes had we not built every single one of ours upside down. So after pulling apart four projects and putting them back together, we headed to the International Wildlife Museum to meet Eric and Jason.

The kids loved the museum and we scared them out of ever wanting to go to Africa by watching "The Deadly Dozen of Africa" at the end. Jason completely spoiled Ashlyn the whole time. She's the only child, besides his own, that he gives the time of day to. I think it started out as a challenge to make her like him, but I think he has kept it up to torture me! She REALLY enjoyed her time while they were here!

I had my camera with me the whole time we were together, but these were the only pictures I took. Sorry Erica and Bryce!

At the end of the movie at the museum, Carter started feeling crummy and was full blown sick by the time we made it to the car. We knew he wasn't faking when he turned down McDonald's playland to please go home. You'll get a full update on all of our kids' illnesses in the next post..

I took him home while the others went to McDonald's and then Erica and I crashed with Carter for the afternoon while Jason, Eric, Isaac, and Bryce went golfing. Eric hasn't had a chance to go for months, so it was really nice for him. Isaac was beaming when they got home because he beat Eric on a hole. He's ready to take Dad on any time now!

We finished the evening off with pizza, visiting, a little internet TV and a early bedtime. We were party animals!

Thanks so much for going out of your way to see us. We had a great time and can't wait to see you again!

2 comments:

DNAgallows said...

Texas Rangers vs. Arizona Cardinals football? Really? :0)

Eric and Aubrey said...

I'm pregnant.....