Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Priceless!

The Automatic Bouncer by InGenuity........$49.99

8-Pack of "C" batteries..................................$10.50

Ian not having to be held............................PRICELESS!!!


With so much family around lately, Ian has decided that he really likes being held...ALL the time. He despises the couch, cries on the boppy pillow, and pretty much hates the swing. My friend Amanda made me a sling, but we're still trying to figure it out. He's a great baby in arms, but I just can't hold him all of the time. In a pile of mail that we forgot to actually look at, we just found a heaven sent gift card to Target from Jason and Erica. Off I went to find a bouncer. It was worth a shot! I decided to go out on a limb and try a new one that doesn't vibrate, but actually bounces the baby. Accompanied by the sounds of the ocean, we have found great success! Okay, so this is the first time we've tried it, but here I sit typing - all by my lonesome.

Another worthy note - Ian let me sleep for 4 whole hours in a row last night. That was quite the accomplishment, given that I've been averaging 4-5 broken up hours of sleep a night - total.

Given these two new developments, I'm off to happily do some laundry!

9 comments:

Steph Thomas said...

YEA!!! I don't think anything is too pricey for sanity. I am so glad you have had a minute to yourself...just don't get too used to it:) Take care:)

Kristi said...

Yay! We take what we can get! Glad you are having some hands free moments!:)

Desiree said...

Congrats on the sleep and on having two arms!! I'm trying to mentally prepare myself to not need sleep.

Caroline said...

There is NOTHING like a sleeping baby! Glad that works. :)

Briana said...

He is just adorable, Aubrey!! Good luck with the bouncer, I hope it continues to work!

santino, polly and little dude Eli said...

Ian is so sweet. Hope he will keep his sleeping schedule up for ya.

Kori said...

Thank you for reminding me why we're not having another baby for a while. Hope the bouncer gives you some needed sleep.

Blackwell Family said...

So happy you went with option #1! Looks like Ian is too.

DNAgallows said...

That is priceless! It took the perfect swing for us. I like the bouncy seat! Aaahhh, peaceful moments, even after a good cuddle.