Sunday, March 20, 2011

St. Patty's Day

Those mischevious leprechauns trashed our house again! Tables and benches overturned, newspaper everywhere, pillows out of place.....what a mess! There was even toilet paper hanging from our light.

The kids couldn't figure out how the leprechauns got their shoes up on the fan. I couldn't figure out how they got the dust on the fan!

Ian wasn't as worried about the 'how's and what's' of our messy house. He was more concerned about devouring his green eggs and pancakes. It's amazing how that leprechaun dust turns everything green - even the milk!

The boys worked really hard on their leprechaun traps, but all they caught were a few pieces of gold chocolate. I'm sure the traps would have worked if we would have implemented the lasers and video cameras that were in their original design, but I convinced them to scale it down.

I'm sure next year will be the year. Don't worry - they'll be planning for the next 11 months. Hooray for St. Patrick's Day!

1 comment:

Janene said...

Love all the posts Aubrey!

Carson just asked me the other day if we could make a leprechaun trap. I've NEVER done that and I think you're the only person I know who does it! He remembers being at your house one year when you were setting them out... :) Funny that he remembers. I should probably be a better mommy about supporting traditions like that...