Thursday, March 31, 2011

Spring Break

For most of Spring Break, we packed up and headed to Thatcher to spend the time with Grandma and Grandpa and cousins. It was also the Herring's spring break, which was perfect, because my boys have such a good time with her boys. Grandpa was definitely the star of the show this week. He borrowed a train (the kind made from oil barrels and powered by a lawnmower) from a friend and gave the kids rides several times. They usually ended up at the park for awhile to play and then headed back home with lots of twists and turns. I had my camera out and ready for the first train ride, only to discover that my battery was dead with no charger. So much for spring break pictures! The boys also cornered Grandpa in his workshop and talked him into making wooden swords for everyone. He was a good sport about it and even made Carter a new one after he busted his first one within an hour. The visit was really nice for me, too. I enjoyed a long walk, lunch, cards, and good conversation with my sister - which doesn't happen nearly often enough! The biggest highlight of our trip for me (aside from picking Eric up for a week at the end of it!) was running into my old violin teacher. She asked me if I've kept up with my violin much, which I had to ashamedly answer "no"(with the promise of intent to start up again soon). She invited me to her house that evening for a violin lesson and it was SOOO much fun! I drove home giddy. I'd forgotten how much I really do enjoy my violin and it has rekindled a desire to learn how to play it again. I really appreciated her kindness and thoughtfulness. After Thatcher, we went to Phoenix to pick Eric up at the airport for a whole week's visit! He had to change to an earlier flight because of delays with his previous one, which was an extra bonus. We picked him up, treated the kids to IHOP (which to them is almost as good as Disneyland) and came home. HOME! It was so nice to be home with my family. What a great spring break!

No comments: