Sunday, October 14, 2007

Eric had this weekend off, so last minute we decided to go and relax at his parents' since he doesn't get to go very often. We had a great time as always - the boys have room to roam and we have nothing to do but play and sit around! We ended this trip with roasting hotdogs and marshmallows over the BBQ pit. I'm glad that we live so close so that we can see them often. These pictures were actually taken a couple of weekends ago, but each trip is pretty much the same. Just nice! Thanks Nana and Papa for all of the fun and hospitality!

Isaac made this flag for them and posted it at the entrance of their property. It barely blew down a few days ago.


For preschool on Tuesday we were learning about Spring and wind and the letter F. The morning was nice and cool and breezy, so we went out a flew the kites we made and then I found a frog that we were playing with. What better way to teach the letter F? My friend Polly was out on a walk, so she ran back and got her camera and took a couple of pictures of Carter and Ashlyn and the frog. It was my great idea to get some with Ashlyn and the frog, but I don't think I'll ever have the heart to do that to another frog again! I tried to be so careful, but Ashlyn has fast little hands and she was trying to squeeze the poor frog's head off before I could blink. I was trying to free it, but she has a tight grip and was swinging it all around by its head. I just knew it was a goner...but somehow it actually survived! Who knows how much brain damage it has, but at least it's alive, right?



2 comments:

Becky said...

Aren't Nana's and Papa's the best. That what we call my mom and dad. Elly loves frogs too. We found one in the garage the other day and she just kept stomping on the poor frog. I was pretty sure she killed it, but it must have survived because it was gone when we got home.

Kerrie said...

I love visiting the grandparents! It's always so much fun! that's pretty gross about the frog. I bet it was fun for her though! I like your stroller by the way! :)I'm stroller shopping right now. I want a double jogging stroller. Any requests?