Saturday, October 6, 2007

Week's Update

Eric just finished his trauma surgery rotation. He's enjoying surgery SOOOO much more than Internal Medicine. He'll still be on surgery until the beginning of December, but no more call! Hooray! It actually wasn't too bad. I braced myself for the worst, and it wasn't anything near what I thought. I was talking to one of Eric's classmates earlier this week and he was telling me what a "rock star" Eric is. He said that he was leading a team for a trauma mock-up and he nailed everything. He said that other students looked like blundering idiots next to him. It's nice to hear good things about your husband. I never get anything like that from Eric. He always just says that he "did fine."

Eric took us all to the driving range. I think I definitely have natural ability! :) It was a lot of fun. Isaac got some pretty good hits, but we just kept recycling Carter's balls so we all got to hit quite a bit. My fingers were starting to hurt from my rings, so I took them off and put them in my pocket halfway through. When we got back to the van and I went to put them back on, my wedding band was gone! Eric and I ran back and were crawling on our hands and knees without much luck. Eric was checking the trail back to the van when I realized I had forgotten the most obvious - prayer! So I said my quick little prayer and there it was sitting right on top of the grass. I found it in less than a minute. I know that prayers are answered, but it still amazes me everytime!

I've really been enjoying my neighborhood. This is the perfect place for us to live right now. Eric has five other classmates who live in our complex and we all take care of each other. I've had dinner with three different friends this week. Sometimes here, sometimes there.

I've been cleaning out a few extra things and getting rid of some clutter. It's so hard to do, but feels so good when it's done!

This month is my turn to teach preschool for Carter and his friends. The first week went pretty well. We'll see how I'm doing by the end of the month! We're learning about nature, so there are all kinds of fun things for us to do. Carter has finally accepted the fact that I'm his teacher and he even enjoys himself.

Isaac just finished his first six weeks of school. Has it already been that long?

Ashlyn is getting faster and faster. Who knows if she'll ever crawl normal. Right now she looks like she's doing the breast stroke. Pretty dang cute!

All in all, it has been a great week. I'm so grateful for my friends and family. I think the Lord blesses me more than my share sometimes.

2 comments:

Steph Thomas said...

When I was in MT this summer one of my brothers and their 5 kids were there also. My sister-in-law had put her rings down and the next time she looked for them, they were gone. I had just seen them a couple hours before. Their little 4 year old said that he had played with them. The only problem was he didn't know where they were but knew where they weren't. It was almost like a game to him. Drove us crazy. This was on Monday and we all prayed and prayed. It wasn't until Saturday afternoon on our way to WY for my cousin's wedding reception did my brother pull his dress socks out of his dress shoes in the van and the rings went flying. We were so happy to find those wedding rings. What a scary thing, when you loose your wedding rings. I am so glad that it was their son and played with them and not mine.

Tamra said...

Hey, Aub! Great blog site! Your children are beatiful! Sad that I don't know your children at all! You did a great job with your blog! Sounds like you have lots of friends who think your great! I am glad that you found your ring and that you have friends to help you thru medical school.

T.H.