Thursday, September 24, 2009

A little bit of Ashlyn

I had a few cute pictures of Ashlyn, so I decided she would get a showcase all her own. She has finally started getting into dressup - the funnest part of being a little girl (until you have to leave the house), but I can't seem to ever take pictures of her when she's all dolled up in pink tutus. I was going through some of my things and pulled out this nice little number for her to try. This was my FAVORITE outfit when I was a little girl. I found a picture of me in it that I wanted to post with it, but I can't get my scanner working. She liked it for a minute, but unfortunately it doesn't compete with some of her other favorites. It's amazing how different she is than my boys in so many areas. Clothing is definitely one of those areas. She has her own opinion of what she wants to wear and she gets pretty set on it, matching or no. She thinks she's pretty hot stuff, so I let her wear whatever until we have to go out in public.

One of my favorite websites for toddlers is www.starfall.com. It teaches all the letters of the alphabet, beginning reading, and has a few games. Ashlyn is always begging to play "Letters" and since it's not always convenient for me to sit down and help her, she decided to learn how to use the mouse herself. She was pretty proud of herself and so was I!

The other day she was watching a movie and this was the seat she chose. It doesn't look very comfortable to me, but whatever makes her happy!
She's a lot of fun to be around (when she naps!) and we sure do love her!

1 comment:

Chelle said...

She is so cute and getting so big!! Why do kids always like to crawl inside boxes? That one looked like a tight fit, but you're right--she definitely looked happy. Next time my kids are stir crazy and bored, I'm just going to throw some boxes at them.