Monday, September 7, 2009

...We THINK...

The word is getting out more as my tummy is getting out more - but for those who haven't seen me lately, we're expecting baby #4 in January! I'm 21 weeks along, but because of insurance and doctor issues, I've only been to one appointment a couple of weeks ago and won't be to another for at least another month. Except for being sick and getting fatter - it hasn't seemed very real. I guess due to the lack of appointments and opportunities to hear the heartbeat? Whatever the reason, it has made it easy not to shout it from the rooftops. Eric got off work early today and since its Labor Day, he snuck me and the kids (you can imagine how sneaky our parade was) into the vascular lab so we could play with their ultrasound machine. Ultrasound isn't Eric's forte (I think he's played with one once before), but despite Carter's calls for a real Dr. that knows what he's doing, we got a pretty good look at the baby. Finally I really know that something great is in there! Two hands, two feet, big head, four beating chambers of the heart, and we THINK a little extra limb between the legs. Now, given our expertise, that little extra limb could have been the umbilical cord or perhaps an ear. I'm not going to run out and buy anything boy yet, but I am going to get a little crazy and go so far as to start calling the baby "him" and "he" instead of "it." Enjoy the view!

This view is staring up at the rump. The two long side things are the legs and the "extra limb" in the middle is our gender indicator.
Sorry there's no cute profile picture. We tried!

13 comments:

DNAgallows said...

Looks very himmish to me! So sneaky! You guys are so funny! Congratulations again!

KID, MD said...

Definitely looks like a boy! And I've seen a few ultrasounds...
Congratulations!!!!

Emily said...

Congratulations Aubrey. I am so excited for you guys to add another cute Chapman to your family. We miss you guys a ton...keep us updated.

Briana said...

Congratulations! You make such cute little boys AND girls that it wouldn't really matter, right! We're hoping to do a little "sneaking" when time comes for #4 in our family, too. We might not have to sneak as much, all things considered. Again, congrats!

Kristi said...

How fun you get to sneak it and play with medical equipment!!! Congrats!

Claudia and Glenn Walker said...

I was starting to wonder if you were going to spred the news after the baby's arrival haha. CONGRATS AGAIN! another boy, he is going to be so bless joining your growing family:)

Desiree said...

Yeah for the bum shot!! Congrats hun. Now I have someone else prego to hang out with at the reunion!! If you are going to make it!? Hopefully. Hope you feel better soon.

Robin Conner said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you! You'll have the exact same as us, and in the same gender order! That ultrasound pic looked pretty convinsing! Right when I saw it I said "uh hu!" That looks like all my boys ultrasound pics! So fun!!!!! Good luck! Having 4 isn't much different than 3. It's just noisier! ha ha!

santino, polly and little dude Eli said...

Congrats, how wonderful!

cms87 said...

I didn't even know that you are pregnant!!!! You need to call me or email me with your phone number. How can a new Chapman be on the way and I am ignorant of it????

Kori said...

You guys are amazing. Crazy, but amazing. Congratulations on a growing family. When is your suspected due date and what rotation does Eric have then?

Mickey said...

Congratulations Aubrey!!! I was kind of pulling for a Girl to even up the team a little but another Boy is great and he’ll have a couple great little guys showing him the ropes. While Ashley takes on the roll as, “the Queen.” And the Boys better get used to it.

Jen said...

Congradulations! I agree it definitely looks like a boy! How exciting!! Are you going to be at the reunion? I can't wait to see ya. It has been a while hasn't it !?!? Congrats again!