Sunday, November 2, 2008

My big "28" and the Pumpkin Patch

October 25th I turned 28! Hooray! I love any day to celebrate me! :) My best birthday present was a surprise from Eric....Him! He was able to come home a week earlier than planned and surprise me for my birthday. His surprise got a little spoiled - but it was fabulous anyway - and the kids didn't have a clue. It has been better than Christmas having Dad and Husband around again. I was treated like a queen on my special day. I got to sleep in, only to be awakened by the smell of cinnamon rolls and hot chocolate. My family knows me well! I opened presents and then we headed off to Silo Farms Pumpkin Patch. They had a hayride, a hay maze, a hay stack to play in, and lots of pumpkins. My favorite part was just being with my family.




Eric and I aren't much better than the kids when it comes to taking pictures.
Take #1 -

And Take #2 -

Carter posing it up on the pumpkin!

Our best attempt at a family picture!

After the pumpkin patch, we met my in-laws for lunch at the park, and then they watched the kids so that Eric and I could go out and get reaquainted! We went to Killeen and played Putt-putt golf (I don't want to embarrass Eric, so I won't mention who won!) and then Eric took me to Target to spend my gift card from my parents. Thanks for the new dress and earrings! Then we headed back to town and hit a few more stores and had dinner. It was SOOO nice to not have to worry about the kids and just hang out together. When we got home we had some delicious lemon meringue birthday pie that my mother-in-law made. Thanks everyone for an AWESOME birthday and all the birthday wishes!

2 comments:

Steph Thomas said...

Happy late birthday! It looks like you were treat like a queen like you should be. I am glad you had such a great day.

Janene said...

Happy Birthday! Geez, I feel like a goof! I even saw you on your birthday and didn't even wish you Happy Birthady!!! I'm so glad for you to have Eric around again. What a great present!