Sunday, November 2, 2008

Pumpkin Carving and Caramel Apples

For the past several years, we have had the tradition of inviting a couple of families over for pumpkin carving and caramel apples. I think this is probably my favorite tradition. It's what makes Halloween for me!

It's nice that the boys are getting old enough to put them to work! They graciously peeled all of the wrappers off of the caramels for me and didn't even eat very many! Ashlyn was the real candy snatcher!

Yummy! Yummy!

They're loving it!

Here is the "before" of all our pumpkins. We really don't have that much carving room in our apartment, but we made it work!


This year we invited the Martino's, Hadley's, and Starla over.

Starla was a huge help with Carter's carving and she entertained Ashlyn a good bit, too! Thanks, Starla!



Jeremy decided not to mess around with his pumpkin this year. Power tools all the way!

I love this picture of Kassie's two pumpkins!

Isaac was cracking Gracie up. It was funny watching him play with her. He's good with the babies.

Which is scarier? The boys or the pumpkins!

Ta-Dah!

Another great year of pumpkin carving!

4 comments:

Becky said...

Power tools, that's what I'm talking about. I'll keep that in mind for next year.

Steph Thomas said...

That was fun to see those pictures. I especially liked the one of Kassie. I didn't realize she was so far along. The jack-o-lanterns turned out great.

Janene said...

What a fun tradition! I loved the pumpkins. They turned out really cute!

DNAgallows said...

Good pictures...I love the final product. Those are great! I recall a power tool once in our previous years...hmmm? Fun traditions!