Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Backing up...

My in-laws were able to come and spend a week with us when Ian was born. They haven't missed one of our babies yet. We thought Ian might be the first, but since my Dr. set an induction date and my babies don't believe in coming early, everything worked out great.

The kids were so excited to have them here. Except for the first couple of years of Isaac's life, Nana and Papa have always been within an hour's drive and only three hours before that. They have really missed them since we moved back to AZ. Ashlyn can still carry on quite the phone conversation with Nana, but it's not the same. I'm not sure who was happier than who - the kids to see their grandparents, or their grandparents to see them.

Isaac had quite a bit going on while they were here, so they didn't get to spend as much time with him, but they made sure to get some special one on one time. They ate lunch with him at school and took him out for some "Isaac time" when they got the chance.

Meanwhile, Ashlyn and Carter had a ball. While Deb was running ragged trying to cook, and do laundry, and clean, etc. (I tried to help occasionally, but she insisted that I sit and hold my sweet new baby. What's a girl to do?), Papa did his best at double horsey rides.



We also tried to grow crystals, but it never worked. Deb sent me another crystal growing experiment to try, but we haven't got to it yet. It's on the list....






You have to admit that they are pretty cute scientists!
My in-laws were such a HUGE help that first week. I would have had a much rougher start without them. I know, because they eventually went home! I can't wait until they come and visit again. Next time, I'll be taking care of and entertaining them! That is, if I can get them to come back. They looked pretty beat when they walked out the door....Thanks so much, again!

No comments: