Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Take Me Out to the Ball Game...

I finally signed the boys up for their first season of baseball. I've somehow gotten out of it other years, but they wouldn't let me slide this time. Isaac is playing Coach's Pitch and loving it. Carter is playing T-Ball and having a blast. Ashlyn, Ian, and I are playing sitting in the bleachers almost every night of the week and enduring it! It's a lot of fun watching them, but between games and practices, it seems to have taken over our life. I covet "baseball free" evenings and Ashlyn practically jumps for joy when they happen to come our way. I think if she enjoyed it a little more, so would I.

T-Ball is pretty entertaining to watch. The things these little guys do are hilarious. During Carter's first game, he hit the ball and started running to first. The kid on first ran to second, but the kid on second decided to stay there. He wasn't about to move, so the two boys started in on a pushing match. Meanwhile, Carter saw his opportunity to keep running, so he just cruised on by the other two boys and continued on his way.




Isaac is doing really well and is just waiting for the game that he hits the ball out of the ballpark. We're not quite there yet, but he has gotten a few good hits. He has taken it upon himself to lead the cheers in the dugout. Much to the delight of all who are present, I've encouraged him to tone it down a little. Unfortunately, I can't say much. He gets it from me.

No matter how the game goes, if they come home with grass stains and dirt on their pants, it has been a success. Go Red Sox and Pirates!

3 comments:

Kerrie said...

Way too fun to check your blog tonight! thanks for the entertainment! Josh is doing Tball too and it's SOO fun to watch! He's not "in the game" but he is starting to like it a lot. I'm glad. Poor kid has my coordination when it comes to sports. But he has the confidence I never had so he's happy! Looks like you've had a lot of fun! Good for you guys!

DNAgallows said...

That looks like sooo much fun! I would love to see some base running cheered on by a geared up ball player. Love your bunch! We will have to arrange the same Spring Break schedule and cling onto your fun. Those were some good times. Love it!

The Jones Fam said...

horray for baseball! and horray that it is over!
-nat