Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Ants Go Marching On and On ...

...and on and on and on...you get the idea! The Ant Wars of '08 are in full swing and we are right in the thick of it. I HATE ants! We were invaded last year, but this year seems to be a whole lot worse. I keep trying to send a message by leaving crumpled and broken ant bodies around, but they just keep on sending more troops. They are in the kitchen, living room, hall, both bathrooms, my room, the boys' room, and Ashlyn's room. Yep, the whole house. And what's worse...they bite! I was bathing Carter and he has several ant bites on him and not in the usual "I was out playing on the playground" places. I think Isaac is the only one of us who is still unscathed. The exterminator is coming again tomorrow, so hopefully that will be the end of it. The tides seem to be turning, but last time I thought that, I came home from church and started to make lunch, when I opened my cupboard for a plate and the whole thing was swarming. What do they want with dishes? Even though my sanity is wavering, they still haven't beaten me. Wish me luck!

6 comments:

Angie said...

Yeah ants are NOOO fun at all and they really hurt when they bite :(
Yes i would love to babysit any time you need me, just call me anytime. :)

DNAgallows said...

If the exterminator doesn't win the fight, the neighbors will get in full gear and get rid of them. Actually, I think you have marched them up the hill already. I see some of their scavengers scoping out a new area. I hope they know it isn't a winning battlefield here either!

The Mullenaux Family said...

Ants sucks. That's our biggest problem out here in AZ as well. Deny them food to eat and you'll be half way there!

Steph Thomas said...

That really can get on your last nerve. Sorry that you are going through that:(

The Meehl Family said...

Spray a mixture of soap and water along their trail...seriously! I'll spare you the science behind it, just try it!

Jen said...

Oh i hate ants. Lucky I have not had any problems with them in the house yet. But I am fighting them in the back yard. They love my garden and I am a little hesitant to spray them there. I will have to try the soap and water mix your friend suggested. Good luck with your ants