Sunday, June 8, 2008

Zoo and More Zoo!

Isaac's big school fieldtrip was to the Cameron Park Zoo in Waco. I have wonderful friends who were willing to watch Carter and Ashlyn, so I got to go along as a chaperone. Ms. Reedy, Isaac's teacher, gave each of us a few students and then we were free to roam the zoo at our own pace. I had Audrey, Isaac, and Katherine.

The wolves were in a hyper mood and they had quite a few kids screaming. It was funny watching them jump and run!


My beautiful butterfly!

We teamed up with another group halfway through. It's a good thing Isaac likes hanging out with girls!

(Katherine, Audrey, Isaac, DeLisa, Akira, and Kaylee)
We had a great time and it was a nice finish towards the end of the year. The kids were pretty tuckered out and most of them fell asleep on the bus on the way home. It gave me the perfect time to finish my book!

Carter has been begging to go to the zoo for a while now and he was pretty sad when Isaac and I got to go and he had to stay home, so we headed out to the zoo again two days later. Our good friends Kassie, Matthew and Ryan went with us. The first thing we saw were sleeping monkeys, but below them was a pond with a "sick" fish floating on top. The boys were very concerned about it. After watching it for a few minutes, a turtle came up and starting pushing the fish. Carter, quite excited and relieved, exclaimed "Look mom! The turtle is taking the sick fish to the Dr. fish!" Whoo! Good thing! We were finally able to move on to the tigers.

The giraffes are always Carter's favorite. You can't hardly see it, but it's there!

It was a good day for the animals. We got really good views of the crocodiles and bears. I don't have any pictures of the bears, but they were swimming circles right in front of the glass and pressing their faces up to it. Ashlyn wasn't sure what to think, but the crocodile wasn't too intimidating for her!

Ashlyn's favorite animal...

There were fish behind that glass, but I'm not sure that she ever saw them!

My other beautiful butterfly!

1 comment:

cms87 said...

WAY TO GO ISAAC! What a ladies man! I keep asking my Isaac who he plays with and I have never once heard him say a girls name.