Sunday, June 8, 2008

Memorial Weekend at the Farm

We spent part of Memorial Weekend in Lexington at my in-laws. With gas prices and busy schedules, we hadn't been there for a couple of months. It was nice to get back out on the farm. The kids had a great time, with the highlight being the "first swim" of the season. It's amazing how such a small pool can entertain them for so long!

It was nice to know that they were safe and sound with our attentive life guards - way over in the shade!

It took Ashlyn a minute to warm up, but finally she started to enjoy the water as well.



Isaac and his wonderful poses. I spared you all the rest of them!

Sometimes grass is better than swimming pools.

Ashlyn's famous elephant walk...apparently she's more in tune with her animal side than her people side...at 15 months old!

Famous cooking pictures with Nana. She STILL has patience to let the babies cook with her. I think I lost mine way back with Isaac!


Monday morning we were out supervising the men while they were repairing the barn. I got this picture with most of us, but all of the rest are of Ashlyn. I only posted a small sampling. When Eric was looking at the pictures, his comment was "Really? All of these of Ashlyn and you didn't even get one of the barn?" She's cuter than two sweaty old men! :)



It was really nice being out there. As Eric was fixing the barn and I was mowing the lawn (I can't hardly pass up an opportunity to drive the tractor) I was fantasizing about us fixing up our own place someday. It's just around the corner and down the street!

2 comments:

KID, MD said...

Ashlynn's WAY cuter than sweaty old men!!!

Steph Thomas said...

That sounds like so much fun and makes me wish I had as good of in-laws as you do. Lucky you.