Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Chapman Norms and a Little More

Ashlyn finally decided to carry on a few Chapman traditions. Isaac began the "under the couch" move when he first learned to roll over. We had left the room and could hear him crying, but when we went to get him, we couldn't find him. Following the cry, we finally found him completely under the couch. Carter followed in his footsteps, also upset about his couch misfortune. It took Ashlyn a little longer, but she just had to be like her brothers! She took it more in stride, though. Probably because I have the couches so loaded underneath with stuff she couldn't get all the way under!

The next big Chapman move is the arm over eyes while sleeping. Isaac did it most while he was eating, but also did while he was asleep. Carter did it all the time while sleeping. Once again, it took Ashlyn a little longer, but she caught up!

Apparently Ashlyn decided she didn't want to wear her pajamas. We're still trying to convince Carter that he can take his own shirt off and Ashlyn is stripping in bed! I've never had one who sheds clothing. I guess she decided it was time for her to pave her own way...

Carter was walking around the house the other day with a pencil behind his ear. He was cracking me up, so I finally asked him where he even learned that from. He proudly responded, "I just taught myself!". He was SOOO proud that that is what he decided to take for show and tell at preschool that day. I knew he thought he was something pretty special when I asked if I could take his picture and he readily agreed!

2 comments:

cms87 said...

I can't believe how cute your kids are! Good job Aubrey. You grow them cute.

The Mullenaux Family said...

LOL. Hilarious. Tell Carter congrats! A big achievement for sure....