Saturday, November 28, 2009

Grandparent Breakfast

Isaac had a Grandparent's breakfast at his school the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. I wasn't sure when Dad and Cindy were headed to California for the holidays, but I threw it out there just to see if they could come. Not only could they come, but Grandma and Grandpa Weech had flown down for a few days and they were all driving back to California that day, so everyone could make it - with just a slight detour through Tucson. They were even willing to be on the road by 5:15 so that they could watch Isaac in his first "Jumping Jackrabbits" (school jump roping team) performance. It was only a small demonstration, but he was really excited that they were there. He was hamming it up for Grandpa Weech afterwards.

I was videoing Isaac's actual jump roping for Eric, so this is all I have of him.
After the performance, the little kids and I went back home so Isaac could enjoy his breakfast with his grandparents.

They came by the house afterwards to visit for a little while, so I got the full report. They had the tables covered in butcher paper with crayons all over them, so Isaac and Grandpa Weech battled it out over tic-tac-toe between muffin bites. They said the funniest thing was after Isaac had given a long anti-girl spill, including having to have a secret soccer place at recess to avoid them, a little girl came by to say "hi" and gave Isaac a huge hug. She's one of the two that he has told me have big crushes on him. Yuck. Oh the woes of a second grader! And, by the way, she has since found the secret soccer place. :)
I had a wonderful visit with everyone, and then sent them on their way. I'm really glad they were able to come. Thank you soooo much!

No comments: