Friday, December 4, 2009

Christmas Tree!

Eric had the day off on Monday, so we headed out to get our tree. Everyone keeps telling us its going to die before Christmas, but we just couldn't wait. Wal-Mart pulled through valiantly and we got a beautiful tree.

Ashlyn was the biggest helper, but with hard floors instead of carpet underneath, we had a few casualties. Really all she wanted was to hang ornaments in peace. Eric was trying to take her picture, and she was trying to take flight.

"Stop Daddy! I'm trying to hang some ornaments!"

She had to run to the back of the tree and still didn't get left alone!

We watched Polar Express while decorating the tree and then gave the kids their "first gift of Christmas." We go back and forth between letting them pick out their own ornaments each year and getting them for them. This year I wanted pick it out myself and give it to them. They seemed to really like them.


Isaac got a BMX bike racer, Carter got a tool box with tools ("A building ornament! This is my new favorite!") and Ashlyn got a Cinderella - I think her face says it all!

Most of the ornaments are within a 2 ft by 2 ft area, but I couldn't bring myself to spread them out. I love my tree just the way it is. I think it's perfect and it gets a little more "perfect" every day!

2 comments:

Briana said...

We got our Christmas tree at Walmart last year at the very beginning of December... it lasted all the way until the end of December and even when we took it down, it still wasn't losing many needles yet. We got ours from Walmart again this year because we were happy last year. Hopefully you will have the same success! The kids are darling and so are the gingerbread houses!

Jen said...

I love kid decorated christmas trees! Lots of ornaments at the bottom and a few on top :) At least that is what ours always looks like. I am going to have to check out walmart. Last year we payed way too much at a lot. That is pretty funny that Ashlyn is hiding from the camera.