Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

This year for Thanksgiving, my brother Cody and I, with our families, met at my sister Cari's to enjoy the festivities. We decided that the best way to spend this Thanksgiving was a simple as possible. No fanfare. Nothing for show. We used foil pans and paper goods. It was great! We split up the food and still came together with a wonderful feast. My rolls flopped, but everyone loved my buttermilk pies, so I think that made up for it. Everything else worked out great, especially the turkey. Garrett has mad turkey making skills, and I'm sure it was all the better with Eric's assistance! I'm now a big fan of fried turkey.

It's tradition in my family to have homeade chicken noodles over our potatos instead of gravy. The thinner you can roll them out, the better, but they are stinkin' hard to roll. It was too much for Cari and I, so we had to call the man, Eric, in. I'm sure he felt most manly when Cari was handing over her apron and Ashlyn said, "Daddy's putting a bra on?"

Eric being at Thanksgiving was the thing I was most thankful for this year. He was supposed to be working, but one of the other interns came to him and offered to switch so that he could spend the holiday with his family. He must have been inspired, because I really wanted/needed him there! Thanks, John!

Whether it's painting my house or cooking a big dinner, Cari and I always manage to have a good time. I'm blessed to have such a wonderful sister! (Whole family, for that matter!)

Some of my best and most favorite blessings...

...and a few more of them!

Emily and Ashlyn letting the turkey digest.

Eric's mom surprised us with Aggie shirts for the big UT/A&M game Thanksgiving evening. The UPS man pulled up just as I was loading the van to take off. Perfect timing! We may have lost this year, but it was a great game - at least what we saw of it. The other men of the house kept changing the channel to watch other games. They obviously don't appreciate Texas football the way that we do. Have a little respect!

Cari's beautiful family.

Cody and Em. Lookin' good!

Most of the whole crew. I just realized that Isaac isn't in the picture. I wonder where he was? Oh well, we added Tillman to make up for it. Steven, Cyndi, Tillman and Lucy came over that evening to enjoy leftovers, football, and games. What a great day!

1 comment:

DNAgallows said...

Love Ashlyn's comment...I am impressed she knows that word. What a fun Thanksgiving! I totally wanted to see David in a bra. Should have been there. Yeah for your Aggie shirts too! Whoop!