Thursday, September 20, 2007

Cake Decorating

A couple of my friends and I signed up for a cake decorating class at Hobby Lobby. It was a lot of fun! I think I mostly enjoyed the couple of hours a week to myself. Here are a couple of my cakes. I'm practically a pro! :) They have two more courses, but I think I need to wait awhile. My family has had waaaaaayyy too much cake these last couple of weeks! I'm all set for Carter's birthday next week, though!

(Carter's fingers found their way into the cake before I could take that picture, and as you can see, Isaac's finger is on its way!)



I had one more cake, my final one, but it was pretty sad. I must have been out of my groove...I didn't even take a picture!

5 comments:

Steph Thomas said...

That is SO awesome learning how to decorate cakes. That sounds like so much fun I am going to look into it. You did a really good job decorating those cakes!!!! What a pro!

Polly said...

Yes, I was there to see the beautiful cake before the fun finger poking on it, and it was very yummy, too!

note on the second cake: so was it a celebration on Eric becoming a clown or something? j/k. It is gorgeous! You are a pro! Great job!

Jen said...

Good job, the cakes look great! I am sure the last one was not that bad. I love the fingers in the cake. At my sisters reception last night I kept finding kids stealing frosting from her cake. I have always wanted to take a cake decorating class. maybe someday

Jami said...

How fun! You look pro to me.

Allison said...

Ashlins cake is adorable! Eric's is just gay! Okay, since I started blogging, I get NOTHING done! I started my washer this morning, and that's as far as I got!