Tuesday, September 11, 2007

PTO and Bunko

I went to my first PTO meeting tonight! Isaac's teacher had mentioned to me that their wasn't very much parental support in this school and she wasn't kidding! They had their "biggest turnout ever", which totaled 5 moms on top of the Pres. and Vice Pres. I left there with a new title, PTO Secretary, and also with a free 30 min. massage. Small numbers make big chances to win door prizes! The meeting wasn't anything like I ever imagined PTO to be, so this should be an interesting year. After PTO, I rushed off to Bunko. I joined "the Alliance" which is a group for wives of med students and residents. They have different meetings every month, and this one was Bunko. It was really fun and they had great prizes, too. Too bad I didn't win any! The Alliance also does playgroups, scrapbooking, volunteer work, etc. I'm trying to stretch outside my comfort zone, but of course I have to take a friend with me!

3 comments:

Steph Thomas said...

That sounds like so much fun. You are making me jealous that my husband isn't in med school. When you are gone so much what do you do with your kids? It sounds like you are keeping yourself extremely busy because those 3 kids aren't doing it themselves. Good Luck PTO Secretary.

Jen said...

Congrats Mrs PTO secretary! Movin' up in the world...now that you are climing the PTO ladder. Just kidding. That is sad that there is so little parental support. I am sure they are glad to have your support. Enjoy your massage :)

Kerrie said...

I wish i had a free massage! Sheesh! Way to be a supportive parent! I'm so impressed! :)